Intention of this page was give easy access to near-real-time radiation levels from all over this beautiful planet Earth.
I’m using mainly μSv/hr (microSieverts per hour) for easy comparisons. See ‘Radiation Units’ to better understand the scientific units used, and do conversions yourself.
For a quick check, I use these:
- Nullschool Meteo: http://earth.nullschool.net/ (open in Firefox web browser or similar)
- US EPA Radnet: https://cdxnode64.epa.gov/radnet-public/query.do
- US Radnet quick data via map: https://www.epa.gov/radnet/near-real-time-and-laboratory-data-state
- EURDEP: http://eurdepweb.jrc.ec.europa.eu/EurdepMap/Disclaimer.aspx; For additional European monitors, see sources below.
Other Networks to check include:
- SCCC: http://sccc.org.au/international-radiation-monitoring-stations (-> where a list of international station is more regularly updated)
- NETC: http://www.netc.com/
- Radmon: http://radmon.org/
- uRadmonintors: http://www.uradmonitor.com/
- See also USA, EUROPE & Japan radiation monitors.
See also Nuclear News Links.
To set up your own radiation monitoring station, soil and/or food analysis lab: See my independent & comprehensive list for equipment sources (Geiger Counters and much more), see HERE. (outdated, may still give some ideas)
RADIOACTIVITY MONITORING – data sources:
-> Most viewed:
-> By nation-state:
- Belarus [added April 30, 2015, after Chernobyl Forest Fires]
- China (Hong Kong)
- Russian Federation
- Ukraine [added Dec 3, 2014, after Latvian radiation spike, Dec 3, 2014]
- EUROPE: Europe – All combined (including Iceland, Turkey and Russia): EURDEP – the European Commission Joint Research Centre – Institute for Transuranium Elements combines data from thousands of radiation monitors from all over Europe.
- Belarus (not in EURDEP)
- The Netherlands
- Ukraine (not in EURDEP)
-> For extra resources:
DISCLAIMER: All provided information should not to be misunderstood for health or safety advice. My intent is to be of benefit for those committed to accurate reporting, those interested in the actual truth of the matter, as well as to challenge misinformation. All opinions and posts are subject to change without notice. What you do with the information found on these pages is your own responsibility. – MVB © 2011.