>>> Under construction <<<
This Weather & Climate Reference page brings together a selection for news, scientific data, opinion and other websites of interest to me. This is by no means an attempt at a complete list, just an easy reference page, which perhaps you’ll find handy as well. Linking to a site does not per se mean I vouch for its contents.
Couple of my climate blog posts:
- !–> 2011: Why I Question the CO2-driven Global Warming “Scientific Consensus”
- 2014: Global Cooling ahead? (w/ Global Annual Average Temperature Anomalies, etc,…) [Based on solar changes’ hypothesized effect on Earth’s climate, I would not be surprised if a significant cooling would set in somewhere in the period 2017-2023. However, like anyone else who can acknowledge vast uncertainties, I really don’t know.]
links are for my own refernce, but perhaps they can be of use to you as well:
Weather & Climate Websites:
For historical weather data:
- !–> Weather Underground (wunderground.com)
- !–> University of Maine / Climate Change Institute (very nice imagery of temperature, anomalies, etc.: http://cci-reanalyzer.org/
- !–> Mammoth Weather – Howard’s Top 10 – Brought to you by Howard Sheckter.
- EDW – El Dorado Weather, ‘your source for world weather’ (great access to satellite images, etc.)
- http://coolwx.com/ – maintained by Robert Hart, PhD.
- which includes the Unisys Ocean Temperature Anomaly map
- http://www.weatherbell.com/ – By a group of independent meteorologists: Long Range Weather Predictions, lots of links (radar, global temps, etc.), etc.
- Cascade Crud: Pacific Northwest mountain snow and weather
- Current Snow Cover (Northern Hemisphere) anomaly map.
Specific Locations & Current Weather:
- !–> NOAA – overview map (I like the Conus Graphical Forecast map especially)
- NOAA – Weather forecast and observations for specific places:
- NOAA LIVE Weather Radio (streaming online)
- Intellicast – USA RADAR
- Meteorological Services directly from these Countries Met Services:
- –> BELGIUM – KMI (Click through for forecasts, radar, etc – also in English.)
- –> See also options on Weatherman Frank DeBoosere’s website.
- –> Germany
- JAPAN Weather information:
More on Japan WIND direction:
!-> See also Radiation Monitors – JAPAN
- !–> 3-day forecasts, including for Fukushima dispersion, see the Swiss page: @ http://www.meteocentrale.ch/index.php?id=1317&L=0
- !–> JMA – Fukushima map (click on Namie for most similar weather as F1 NPP)
- !–> WindFinder Japan (zoom in or out for details and latest reports)
- Weather Forecast Japan (isobar maps, etc.)
- !–> Surf Forecast Japan (same wind map as Wind AT SEA, with more archived maps)
- In Japanese: http://www.weather-report.jp/index.html
- More detailed reports can be obtained through services such as WindGuru.
(…continued other countries…:)
- Nederland – KNMI
- –> Russia
- –> U.K.
!–> Radar Western Europe: www.meteox.com
Climate-related & Various Sites of Interest:
- US Drought Monitor
- NOAA – Northern Hemisphere Snow & Ice Cover
- LIGHTNING maps (USA, Europe, Oceania) @ http://www.lightningmaps.org/realtime
- !–> Dr. Roy Spencer – Latest Satellite-Based Lower Atmosphere Global Temperature
- !–> Global Surface Temperature Anomalies (NOAA – National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration / NCDC -National Climatic Data Center)
- Mean Sea Level – Colorado State University data (often lags)
- Interesting toy: Sea Level Rise Interactive Explorer.
- !–> WUWT – Blog by Meteorologist Anthony Watts, covering developments in climatology and questioning the allegations of scientific “consensus” on climate matters. Best part of this blog are its Reference Pages: (more options at WUWT):
- Other (entertaining) Blogs: