More EURDEPs further down. Added to on Nov. 11!
I suspect we have another major cover-up in full swing, diversion stories that ignore the bigger picture, and all.
And even more EURDEPs further down…
The Guardian’s Nov. 10, 2017 article, by Ian Sample and Kim Willsher, picked up by many others and spread far and wide, is @ https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/nov/10/nuclear-accident-in-russia-or-kazakhstan-sends-radioactive-cloud-over-europe
It includes this almost-funny probability map, below: There’s about 20% chance the origin was just about anywhere in Northwestern Europe, but they’re 80% certain that it came from that area marked by that darkest dot “based on the weather in September”…:
Maybe, but I’m skeptical for several reasons I touch on further down. I was more thinking towards Romania or Turkey, or even the UK… But you’d have to look at longer time lines than just 3 months. Like here’s 6 months to ponder for a still-silent monitor @ Odiham, England (with a very striking fallout pattern in July, after which the monitor is turned off, yet to return…) What happened where to cause that?:
Now, if you put that next to a half year of Iodine-131 & Cesium-137 data from Nicosia, Cyprus (the #37 monitor, with clearly too high y-axis values [nanoBq perhaps?]), you see upticks begin in the second half of July and again in August. Related? I don’t know… I just notice stuff and put it out here for others to ponder over as well.
It’s in the same period (late July, early August) that that very striking upticks appeared in the US too. It is long clear that it wasn’t the forest fires alone. Maybe the arsonists were working for the nuclear industry; thát I wouldn’t rule out. That industry is steered by psychopaths, after all. Note the recent data gaps too:
So, could the detections in early October be late-effects of something that occurred WAY earlier? We’ve seen that with the fallout clouds last year (“the Spring 2016 event”), with the Tellurium-132 spike on April 26th in Northern Germany, while traces of Cobalt-60 didn’t arrive in Norway until early May, over a month later. You can see it after Fukushima too, with late April into Summer 2011 the effects of fallout reaching ground-level monitors becoming far more striking than what could be seen in mid-March. I you look back at 2011, if you don’t know when the Fukushima-Daiichi catastrophe began, it’s practically impossible to tell from scrutinizing the gamma monitors. Without a date for the spewing source, figuring out where the source might be is nearly impossible without special software. But that there’s A LOT more going on that the tiny bits of the puzzle that reach the mainstream is crystal clear.
Before I’ll have another peek at wind patterns, I’ll repeat myself a little first. It remains interesting that they still stick to the “Ruthenium-106 only”. While on Oct 9th 2017 I had written (in “Couple EURDEPs (Ru-106 – Oct.9, 2017)“, “It is often found together with Ru-103“, a search on EURDEP the following day resulted in the blogpost, Ru-103, I-131, Cs-134, Cs-137, Pb-210, Na-22, Be-7,… SPIKE in Czech Republic. That week we saw various disturbances, spikes and especially many data gaps all over Europe on the gamma monitors (as well as data gaps on The Netherlands’ Alfa-Art & Beta-Art monitors). Ruthenium-106 decays by Beta-emission. A cloud with nothing but a tiny trace of Ru-106 in it shouldn’t affect gamma monitors. The down-dips, sure, but not the spikes and widespread data gaps. There was more in that radioactive cloud. A lot more.
So, the nuclear experts’ as well as the parroting media’s complete silence on the Czech detections in the same first half of October 2017, not to mention the curious uptick of Cs-137 & I-131 on Cyprus in mid-August, followed by data gaps in places such as Croatia (see here), or the I-131 upticks @ CERN just before and after, as well as not mentioning a word either about ongoing rising background levels (as far away as Australia for that matter), and the fact that these slow but steady increases in background radiation have been building for what is now years 2016 example from Russia; example from France 2011 versus 2016), with disturbances and data gaps also observed during corresponding periods in the United States (couple half-year US Radnet graphs I recently put together show the same very clearly), and on and on and on (not to rehash the completely hushed radiation clouds of 2016…) leaves me to think this entire French IRSN story is nothing else than a diversion. Bullshit, really. If France were the exception and didn’t censor the public data, maybe they would have some credibility. But they don’t.
And the media just gobbles the nuclear “watchdogs” statements without scrutiny up and spits it back in our faces, expecting of us to accept it all too. What’s so hard about checking a few things and asking some hard questions?
Like, for instance… I included the Ru-106 data from the Alps (@ Cadenazzo, Switzerland) in Couple EURDEPs (Ru-106 – Oct.9, 2017), which show the Ru-106 cloud arriving at that spot on Oct. 2 and peaking Oct. 3…
Located roughly @ 46.1 N 8.5E… Let’s see which way the wind was blowing… https://earth.nullschool.net/ So on Oct 2, @ 700 hPa we see the wind being delivered from the west with a slow down around the Alps region: https://earth.nullschool.net/#2017/10/02/0300Z/wind/isobaric/700hPa/orthographic=19.41,53.62,1062/loc=8.500,46.100 Click back in time and watch the wind patterns swirl around. From “higher up”, so you can include much of Russia, here’s Sept. 30: https://earth.nullschool.net/#2017/09/30/0300Z/wind/isobaric/700hPa/orthographic=11.16,59.44,266/loc=8.500,46.100 You can play around with it, and perhaps you will end up with the same puzzlement: How on Earth did they end up with the origin of this recent radioactive cloud being somewhere in Russia towards Kazakhstan? My first impression is that of a higher probability of “most likely delivered by the jet stream”, and thát would leave the question about the radiation’s origin even wider open. Something in the US, North Korea or even Fukushima-Daiichi remain possibilities too.
But let’s see… Maybe I overlooked something. Like how much earlier the disturbance arrived on the coast of Bulgaria, for instance…
Yet… you could say that about spots on the North Sea too, and if you look at some Romania data, it gets even more unclear when and where first this radioactive cloud began to arrive. How many leaks are converging? Or is this actually a giant meltdown accident that is being incredibly well perception-managed into some harmless pharmaceutical leak, a la the Iodine-131-all-by-itself detections of the beginning of the year?
The data from some monitors in Turkey is particularly interesting as well, showing that (as is generally the case) after the initial cloud, the bulk of the radioactive fallout comes later…:
Note the error in this next one (must have gotten tired last night… Oct & Nov should be switched!):
Two along the Syrian border (first one is 4 months, as mid Aug to Sept is a data gap):
Lil’ music… to keep rolling…
Another round it is… More EURDEPs of the past 3 months, with Oct 2, 2017 marked on it as a reference. Data found via accepting the unacceptable @ http://eurdepweb.jrc.ec.europa.eu/EurdepMap/Disclaimer.aspx Three months per monitor per line, with y-axis adjusted to show more detail. Not all data validated by data providers. Data is sometimes severely altered (censored) afterwards (example 1, example 2,…), so the shown may be different from what was originally measured. Remember that the Ru-106 detections were at the onset of October. Obviously there’s a lot more to it than just a Ru-106 whiff…
Some of these graphs do not show anything related in particular; I’m just including them for geographical reference points, see if I can do better than the IRSN, or see if perhaps I can figure out how they arrived at their “most likely location”…
On the French Caribbean island of Martinique, with a half-day data gap when a hurricane moved over on Sept. 19th:
Just off the coast of Eastern Canada:
On the island of Madeira in the Atlantic Ocean:
Various, in no particular order:
It started snowing 10 days ago in Northern Scandinavia (extra ground shielding lowers the dose rate):
Like some of the inserted-above, added on Nov. 11, 2017:
Additional data will be another blogpost, if I were to feel inspired to dig some more into this…
To close, here’s two years from another Romanian monitor, showing the onset of the “Spring 2016 Event”, with summer 2016 and part of autumn fully data-gapped:
Baseline shift after data gap in November:
Data processing shift in August 2017 (just to make data essentially useless for comparissons…), and then the recent data gaps and odd-for-autumn significant increase of late (about which mainstream media remains completely silent):
For what it’s worth, if anything…