An important addition was added to the May 3, 2015 blog post, Chernobyl Forest Fire UPDATE – w/ Final Additions: 150+ Bq/m^3 Cs-137 in air 100 km from Forest Fires on April 29, which includes fallout deposition estimates in the Chernobyl region for Plutonium, Strontium, Cesium and Americium, based on a 1998 investigation that is more precise than the fallout maps shared before.
I found these data (h/t http://aipri.blogspot.it/) in an important study: http://www.rri.kyoto-u.ac.jp/NSRG/reports/kr79/kr79pdf/Gaydar.pdf. Screenshots of the fallout maps, one example shown below, were added to Final Additions. They help give a better idea of what may have been in the smoke from those forest fires.
Also in this Chernobyl Spring 2015 Forest Fire series:
- start here !-> Chernobyl’s Radioactive Forest Fire. [April 29, 2015] – Location on map, Wind & Radiation Monitoring links
- ADDITIONS: Belarus Radiation, Satellite Image Chernobyl Fire, EURDEP-Sweden goes silent, ESTONIA & LATVIA Radiation Graphs,…
- (More ADDITIONS) Bismuth-214 as a Fallout Indicator? Systematic Omissions: More Evidence of EURDEP Hiding Data when it Matters Most…
- And then the one I just added to: Chernobyl Forest Fire UPDATE – w/ Final Additions: 150+ Bq/m^3 Cs-137 in air 100 km from Forest Fires on April 29
Perhaps also of interest could be:
- Sept. 2011: Fukushima vs. Chernobyl – Fallout Map Comparisson
Both are outdated due to ongoing releases. See: Jan. 31, 2015: DATA of ‘Fallout Signatures’ on Radiation Monitors Suggest Fukushima Still Going Re-Critical Underground At Times. Airborne Fallout Continues To Come
- Jan. 15, 2015: Gaging Recent Radiation Spikes: How do the Recent Gamma Upticks Compare to those Observed after Chernobyl?
- Jan. 12, 2015: Cover-up of Zaporizhye Nuclear Accident Near-Certain
- Mar. 22, 2014: Documentary: Chernobyl Heart (2003) – Must See! + Implication Fukushima…
- May 30, 2013: The Hanford Site, holding the Pacific Northwest at Nuclear Gunpoint
For a full overview of my blog posts about nuclear stuff, Fukushima, Chernobyl, Zaporizhia, Hanford Nuclear Reservation, etc., see my Nuclear Blog Posts Archive.