Arnie Gunderson, Nuclear Engineer and co-founder of Fairwinds Energy Education whose expertise includes involvement with decommissioning the partial meltdown at Three Mile Island (TMI, March 28, 1979, Pennsylvania, USA), spoke at the 2015 World Uranium Symposium in Quebec City, Canada (April 14 – 16, 2015).
See presentation @ https://vimeo.com/127077218
“[@ 5:56 in] … The problems at Fukushima are […] unimaginably worse than at TMI. At TMI we had pictures of what the nuclear cores looked like in less than two years after the accident. But at [Fukushima-] Daiichi we can’t even get near the nuclear cores. And water is continuing to enter the buildings… This is a problem that no one has any idea how to stop yet. So until you come up with a theory of how to stop the accident, the time is unknown. And I’ll use Chernobyl as an example: Chernobyl out there at about half a trillion dollars and that core never hit ground water, that core […] remained dry. So [at Fukushima-Daiichi,] we have three nuclear cores in contact with ground water. Neither the cost nor the time are known.
And the Japanese government and TEPCO, hand in glove, want to assure the world the situation is under control. It is not. We have a half trillium dollar problem that may take 200 years to solve. If the Japanese knew that, they would not want to start up the remaining reactors.
The next point is that Fukushima continues to bleed into the Pacific… […]”
!–> Watch Video presentation for more at https://vimeo.com/127077218
At the end: “My bottom line… I have said, for the last four years, that I think somewhere between a hundred thousand and a million Japanese are eventually going to get cancer from this accident. […]”
See also these related blog posts:
- Jan. 31, 2015: DATA of ‘Fallout Signatures’ on Radiation Monitors Suggest Fukushima Still Going Re-Critical Underground At Times. Airborne Fallout Continues To Come Down Across the Northern Hemisphere.
- Sept. 25, 2014: Strontium-90 skyrocketing in Fukushima’s On-Site Groundwater. German meltdown model that predicted this suggests worst is yet to come.
- Mar. 22, 2014: Documentary: Chernobyl Heart (2003) – Must See! + Implication Fukushima…
- Mar. 22, 2014: Japanese Food testing data & fallout maps: some useful LINKS
- Jan. 22, 2014 – Why 150 Bq Cs-137 is health-hazardous, while 150 Bq* K-40 is RECOMMENDED for health
- Nov. 24, 2013 – The Dose Deception – Why 0.20 µSv/hr (from fallout) can be far more dangerous than 2.00 µSv/hr (from cosmic rays). The inverse square law for ionizing radiation illustrated.
(Note: Perspectives that cast doubt on some views held by Mr. Gundersen, in the sense that the situation would be far worse than even he admits to, see Dec. 2, 2014: PLUME GATE – Internal NRC Communications Released under Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) proof deliberate Cover-Up of Severity of global Fukushima Fallout in 2011.)
For closing, a message from Naoto Kan, Prime Minister of Japan during the Great Tohoku quake of March 11, 2011 and the onset of the Fukushima-Daiichi nuclear catastrophe, addressing the same symposium quoted from above, with French and English subtitles:
— — — — — — —
If you are viewing this page on any website other than allegedlyapparent.wordpress.com/ it may be plagiarized. Please let me know. All content is copyright © Michaël Van Broekhoven, administrator of the Allegedly Apparent Blog. Content cited, quoted etc. from other sources is under the respective rights of that content owner. For more details, see my Disclaimer, Share Policy and Fair Use Notice. If you wish to reproduce any of my content in full or in more than a paragraph or quote, please contact me first to (maybe not) obtain permission.
More news under Nuclear News links.