Crestone, Colorado, May 12, 2015: 11:11 pm wee-woo-wee-woo… ;-)
A fellow local artist friend sent me this. ;-) Aired on April 21, 2015 @ http://www.9news.com/videos/news/local/2015/04/21/26111485/ “Thousands are flocking to…” sound pretty funny when you know how few people are actually here.
“[…] Some felt a strange power in these hills. You hear anything from crystal caverns in the Sangres to UFOs buried in the sand dunes. […]”
:-) Some of my blog posts that touch on those “strange powers” include:
- Apr. 26, 2015: April 22, 2015 Photos
- Apr. 18, 2015: Spring Snow PHOTOS. And Why I’m Taking a Break from (Nuclear) Blogging (Or so I fathomed… until the Chernobyl forest fires…)
- Nov 29, 2014: Recent UFOs over the Colorado Rockies (Oct 2014)
- !-> May 12, 2012: From ‘Human Planet’ Photos, to the Altai Mountains, to that 1927 Koko Nor’s UFO Sighting,…
“Along with all the spiritual centers, Crestone also has one of the largest concentrations of artists in Colorado”
I don’t know if I’m counted as one of the many artists here, but some of MY PAINTINGS started in Crestone as well. See also tons of photos of this beautiful, but harsh at times, region sprinkled throughout my blog posts (such as Autumn 2014 – Photos of Road Trip – 2/5).
Better than a quick superficial tourist visit (although I bet great if you go hiking!), or buying property on a whim (over 50% leave (“are getting the hell out of here”) within a few years; it is NOT per se a comfortable place!), I would highly recommend doing a meditation retreat here. Since my spiritual background is mostly in Shambhala – Tibetan Buddhism, I resonate most with some of the Buddhist offerings, and suggest inquiring with these if you’re interested:
- !-> Dharma Sangha | Crestone Mountain Zen Center
- !-> Dharma Ocean (who run the Blazing Mountain Retreat Center)
- Vajra Vidya Retreat Center
- Tsoknyi Rinpoche / Pundarika F0undation
But there are MANY more offerings. Some are mentioned in this short incomplete list from the county: Crestone Spiritual Centers – Saguache County, Colorado.
Maybe see you over green tea at the Cloud Station Café some day…