Cloud Station Café – Crestone, Colorado (USA) – May 1, 2015 – gorgeous spring weather. Many updates added throughout the day.
- Belarus radiation monitoring page was added, with screenshots of the daily averages on April 29 & May 1, 2015: https://allegedlyapparent.wordpress.com/radioactivity/current-radiation-levels-monitors/belarus/
- NASA Satellite images of the Ukraine-Belarus border region for April 28 & 29 were added, on which can be seen that the smoke was not blowing to the Chernobyl Nuclear Plant Site at all, in contradiction to very alarming statements made by (Kiev-) Ukraine officials. See “Chernobyl’s Radioactive Forest Fire. [April 29, 2015] – Location on map, Wind & Radiation Monitoring links“
- Iodine-131, a tell-tale sign of man-made nuclear fission was detected in Sweden and Finland in March 2015 -> screenshot of Swedish news added to the end of (Jan.31, 2015, with additions since), “DATA of ‘Fallout Signatures’ on Radiation Monitors Suggest Fukushima Still Going Re-Critical Underground At Times. Airborne Fallout Continues To Come Down Across the Northern Hemisphere.“
- I stumbled upon that I-131 news piece when trying to find out why Sweden has imposed a data lag of over 48 hours throughout almost all of Sweden on EURDEP. Easy to see when running data for “the last 2 days” on EURDEP. See Online Radiation Monitors – ALL, pick EURDEP, click through and choose the “Advanced map” (and note that most data is not ever validated, and as per their disclaimer, nothing can ever show something alarming anyhow). Screenshot of EURDEP, Gamma T, 2 days prior to time of posting this:
- On weekly graphing of EURDEP monitors, the outage in Sweden looks like this, below, + various random samples of monitors elsewhere in the region and beyond:
As you can see, the outage in Sweden and large data gaps (in Lithuania) in the Baltic region “mysteriously” correlates again with times during which spikes were seen not so far away (in Estonia) as the wind blows…. See additional graphs further below.
I’m not so sure that this has anything to do with volatile radioactive particles that were re-released in the Chernobyl-region forest fires, though, given the slow movement of the smoke plume and the way the wind was blowing. I doubt it would have reached that far that fast. Unless it is getting much higher up…
(Also: I did not spot anything unusual on the “independent” monitoring networks, like Radmon and uRadmon)
The wind turned yet again… My impression is also that it cannot be ruled out. I hope these countries are analyzing their air and precipitation samples and hide nothing about what they find.
WIND MAPS: May 1, 1200 ETC
Europe on Nullschool ( http://earth.nullschool.net/ ) , with the town of Chernobyl marked approximately (51°16′ N 30°13′ E), showing winds @ 1000 hPa (just above the surface), 850 hPa (bit higher) and 250 hPa (jet stream height, for May 1, 1200 ETC:
Looks like that IF the fire contains enough radioactive particles, it MAY show up in … maybe eastern Latvia, but looks like Estonia is the most likely region to get hit by that “nuclear gift that keeps on giving”… (The monitoring networks of the Ukraine, Belarus and Russia are rather dismal, in my opinion.)
ESTONIA & LATVIA – radiation data from EURDEP
Nothing stands out when you look at the map, except for that line in Finland, but that’s normal there. (You get to know what’s unusual and what’s not when you visit often.)
Estonia & Latvia is what I’ll mainly focus on: (Note that wind directions shift a lot, this rough sketch was just an impression; Check the later-in-the-day Nullschool wind data further down):
A look at a few more monitors in Estonia, Latvia and Finland (via EURDEP, plotting Gamma T week graphs):
It is possible that the outages, data gaps, and obvious (minor) spikes (so small they can not be differentiated from natural spikes, yet they may be far more carcinogenic) during the same period in the same general region have nothing to do with the Chernobyl forest fires. The spikes COULD still be natural rain-outs of primarily naturally occurring radioisotopes. But if it’s all natural, then why the gaps? Why would one ever want to hide unusual natural variability?
It could also be from “something else”, perhaps hiding more evidence of Fukushima fallout reaching Europe with the jet stream, I have no idea. I’m just documenting the oddities. I hope this will jump-start more in-depth investigations. As usual: more questions than answers.
See my Nuclear Blog Posts ARCHIVE for more.
- No blog traffic from Estonia anymore? Hmm…
Those apparent ‘access interferences’ tend to come and go, though. Still don’t quite know what to make of ’em. Anyways, thought it worth mentioning. You never know…
(Add-on: Two views from Estonia followed later in the day. So maybe it was nothing.)
- Anyhow, for closing, the latest (May 1, 2015) from RT (Russia Today): “Chernobyl fire: Kiev claims no radiation threat, experts ring alarm bells“:
In the video, @ 1:05 in, one of the ‘experts’, Noam Segal of the Israel Energy Forum, stated: “there are winds carrying the smoke north, towards Kiev”. [Jeez… Talk about misinformation… Can someone get this guy a link to my blog so he gets a clue which way is north of the fires… Or a map of where Kiev is… Goodness the SH*T that gets aired these days…]
[Added-in NUANCE, added on May 2, 2015 10:45 pm MT. Actually, the wind turned quit a bit. I noticed when scrutinizing Nullschool a bit more that there were times the wind did indeed blew from the North. So I went to http://www.wunderground.com/history to plot the wind direction graphs for Kiev and Chernobyl. On these you can see that at the time RT aired the above video, on May 1 in the afternoon, that the wind was blowing from the southwest, as also seen on Nullschool. So that news wasn’t news. If it was meant as a warning, it came over 24 hours too late. Nevertheless, just want to acknowledge my oversight: there were some moments early Thursday April 30 that smoke blew roughly from the fires towards Kiev. Which path the smoke took precisely can’t be deducted from these graphs, though. It just means that northern Ukraine is likely to have received a dosing of Chernobyl fallout from these fires as well:
– end added-on insert.]
The video ends with some archival footage from the days and weeks after the Chernobyl accident in 1986, including Gorbachov’s admission of what had happened.
There’s one rather odd illustration image in the video, however, when they zoom in on the Chernobyl site (hours after posting this, it was used on Seemorerocks without the questioning…), on which fire images are seen all around the Chernobyl plant area (wtf?):
What happened? Is the arsonist still setting fires? Or is that graphic “just for effect”? (Both would be pretty messed up…)
May 1, 2015 – 1800 UTC: Let me double check on the wind and location of Chernobyl in relation to Kiev… Map: (for fire location details, see previous blog post):
Some observations from POLAND can be found @ http://www.monitor-polski.pl/pozary-wokol-czarnobyla-moga-byc-powaznym-zagrozeniem-dla-europy/
I use Google Translator to help make sense of Polish. Noteworthy were spikes of Bismuth-214 that were unusually high (more @ Polish site).
- Last update for May 1, 2015 (already May 2 in Europe), 10 pm Mountain Time:
http://www.sat24.com/en/eu?ir=true -> Clouds (infrared) for May 2, 2015 @ 3:15 am UTC does not even show smoke. If fires are still going, the smoke would be blowing north-east now, towards Russia. The clouds that went north into Belarus and MAYBE reached as far as Estonia (see above) would be moving into Eastern Finland shortly. If there are no upticks of any kind there, then that speculation may have been wrong.
This might have been a fairly localized event that got hyped to enormous proportions for who knows what end…
- And there’s more going on than meets the eye… Something I mentioned in a comment on ENEnews:
As mentioned in comments, it makes me think of dynamics pointed out by other independent investigators…: https://hatrickpenry.wordpress.com/2014/02/18/approach-infiltrate-influence-sabotage-patterns-of-deception-in-the-alternative-media-and-anti-nuclear-movement/
(If you think or realize that the mainstream media, both east and west, is totally manipulated, and you think the so-called “alternative media” is somehow not, seek help.)
But I’ll leave it at that. That was it for my 24 hours “Relapse #3″…
For latest news, try my Nuclear News links.
My research resources are listed under Online Radiation Monitors.
Leave a comment if you spot an error or have additional information. Tx.
(PS to myself -hehe: This being my third “Relapse / Slip” since announcing that I quit nuclear blogging “until housed”, I think I can already say, “three strikes and I’m out”. Obviously I’m an addict and may need a support group, al la “Hello, my name is Michaël and I’m in recovery from blogging about nuclear issues…” Unlikely any time soon…)
— — — — — — —
If you are viewing this page on any website other than allegedlyapparent.wordpress.com/ it may be plagiarized. Please let me know. All content is copyright © Michaël Van Broekhoven, administrator of the Allegedly Apparent Blog. Content cited, quoted etc. from other sources is under the respective rights of that content owner. For more details, see my Disclaimer, Share Policy and Fair Use Notice. If you wish to reproduce any of my content in full or in more than a paragraph or quote, please contact me first to (maybe not) obtain permission.
Last Updated: May 2, 2015 (nuance added re. wind directions)