Colorado Rocky Mountains, Monday January 12, 2015
It’s been a véry active blogging weekend.
For an orientation of what can be found on this blog Re. the mysteries surrounding the Zaporizhia / Zaporozhye ( Запорізька / Запорожская / Saporischschja / Saporischja / Zaporozhje / Zaporizhe / Zaporizhzhe / Zaporizhzhia/ Zaporizzhe / Saporoschye/ Zaporozhie/ Zaporizhzhia / Saporoshje / Saporozhje/ Saporizhya / …) Nuclear Power Plant (‘ZNPP’ for short), I have compiled a list, shown below.
Officially there was no radiation release. I have gathered indications that have left me with the impression that officials are lying. I think than when you read all the information I gathered, that you might agree that there’s reason for suspicion: that the Ukrainian, Russian and EU officials’ last word on what happened at ZNPP may not be the truth. If this is the case, and signs point to that this very well may be so, then the implications of what that means are enormous. See also my reflection at the end of this blogpost.
I have put this together so better-equipped and better-connected investigative journalists may gain many days of searching for some of the harder-to-find puzzle pieces.
Overview of relevant blogposts:
There’s my initial overview from mid-December 2014:
- !!!–> (Dec. 15, 2014) Was there a causal link between the Nov 28 2014 Accident at the Zaporizhye Nuclear Power Plant in Ukraine and recent Radiation Spikes in Latvia and Romania?
To which were added these important additions:
- (Dec. 26, 2014) Ukrainian Hackers Claim Zaporizhia Nuclear Accident Communications, mentioning Radiation Leak, warn of “Second Chernobyl” – Не наводи панику!
- (Dec. 29, 2014) BREAKING – Zaporizhia NPP: CIA-run ‘Radio Free Europe’ Breaks Media Silence: Donetsk Separatist Official Warns Of ‘Second Chernobyl’
- (Dec. 31, 2014) Zaporizhia / Zaporozhye NPP Update: Russian Mainstream Media begins to wonder too with mistranslation error by RT pointed out, further highlighted in:
- !–> (Jan. 4, 2015) Please Note: The Radiation Reported in “leaked documents” from Zaporozhye / Zaporizhia NPP is NOT “5 mSv/year”, but 5 µSv/hr !!! (RT mistranslation being spread widely)
!–> Using Online Radiation Monitors, I documented upticks in radiation over Europe. The most extreme case (the Latvian spikes on Nov. 28, 2014) could be traced to ZNPP by following the exact route the wind took:
- (Dec. 3, 2014) “What’s up with (Nov 28, 2014) Radiation Spike in Latvia? ‘EURDEP’ shows peak of 600nSv/hr (0.6µSv/hr). Highly unusual for Sea Level. Does Additional Data Suggest a Possible Cover-Up of a Radiological Incident? (This is how my investigation started. When I wrote that blogpost I was not yet aware that something had happened at a nuclear reactor upwind)
- (Dec. 3, 2014) Later the same day I found out: Accident confirmed at Ukraine’s Zaporizhye Nuclear Power Plant. (Link to Latvia Radiation Spike?)
- !-> (Dec. 4, 2014) Some Additional Observations Re. recent mystery Latvian Radiation Spike, and its possible link to the Zaporizhye Nuclear Power Plant accident.
- (Jan. 10, 2015) Some EURDEP Public Map Observations (Jan. 9, 2015). And then some…
- !!!–> (Jan. 11, 2015) Latvian Nov. 28 Spikes Revisited: Nullschool Data Shows Perfect Correlation with ZNPP Wind Path!
- !–> (Jan. 11, 2015) Can the Rumor from Poznan, Poland and Romanian news of a “Radioactive Cloud” (Both Dec. 5, 2014) be traced to ZNPP too? which further documents indications that what caused the Latvian spikes was indeed of an aerial transient nature, as seen on further disturbances, bumps, spikes and monitors being turned off downwind (into Finland and beyond).
In addition, there’s some observations about air traffic over the area (online plane spotting), including a couple peculiarities:
- (Jan. 8, 2015) FlightRadar24’s View of Eastern Ukraine Dec. 27, 2014 – Early Jan. 2015 (A Sampling of Tracked Flights)
- (Jan. 11, 2015) Flight Tracker: Jan. 10 Additions
I hope this will be useful somehow. If I come across something new, I’ll return to this topic. At the moment I feel I did all I could.
If you put it all together, the hypothesis that there was a significant release or radioisotopes, and thus an international cover-up, becomes very plausible. That, of course, is a very troubling conclusion to come to. The silence of major media outlets, as well as nuclear watchdog agencies’ and government officials on this grave matter is most concerning. It implies that the systems in place for monitoring and warning the population have been co-opted and now serve the purpose of perception management in defense of nuclear industry interests rather than public health and transparency.
!-> Additional information about ZNPP and its covered-up leak can be found in the numerous blog entries posted in the Dec. 2014 – Jan. 2015 period in my Nuclear Blog Posts ARCHIVE.
— — — — — — — — —