“All efforts have failed to stop very high levels of radioactive materials flowing into the Pacific Ocean. Top Fukushima Plant Official: “Little cause for optimism”.” (November 2014)
On the personal end:
– I broke up my camp by the creek and moved into a beautiful dwelling with heating, warm water and electricity. Amazing experience! ;-) The place is much further from town and has no internet, so I won’t be posting as much as has been the case since I declared a blogging hiatus that didn’t manifest…
A recent blogpost is being restructured. It was about Spent Fuel Pool 4 having been emptied of spent fuel at the troubled Fukushima Nuclear Disaster Site. It also included additional reflections on my visit to Fukushima last year. It will remain temporarily taken down., but I’ll likely bring it back by the end of the year, after splitting it in 2 or 3 pieces and editing it.
(DISCLAIMER: My views, understanding and opinions are subject to change without notice. I reserve the right to edit or alter posts and pages beyond recognition, or even disappear (temporarily or permanently) content after posting, as I see fit.)
The mountains here in Colorado are dotted with old mines, many of dating back to the gold rush at the end of the 19th century. When it’s cold, as will pretty much be the case all the way into spring, you can feel the Earth’s warmth by their entrances. Reportedly many are about 45 degrees Fahrenheit (7 degrees Celcius) year-round. For alleged safety reasons (high radon gas levels in many, as well as danger of collapsing) most are closed to the public. This one was close to where I was camping:
Any news out there…?
- ENEnews relayed a piece about Hanford: “TV: US nuclear workers’ brains eaten away, hallucinating, mental capacity of preschooler — Wife films frightened, trembling husband on deathbed“.
- !!! –> My blogposts about Hanford give a good idea of how serious the situation is there: The Hanford Site, holding the Pacific Northwest at Nuclear Gunpoint (May 2013) and Only like “the contents of a can of soda…” – How they spin the gravity of Hanford’s leaking nuclear waste tanks… (June 2013)
- Washington’s Blog reports in, “Mark Udall and the Unspeakable,” about making the torture report public by placing it into the Congressional Record, , as Senator Mike Gravel did with the Pentagon Papers in 1971.
- ZeroHedge continues its roll of issuing direct and indirect warnings about the upcoming next financial crash, which could be worse than the 2008 one, with pieces such as this latest, “On The Looming Wall Of Chinese Defaults, Restructuring Firm Warns “You Know It’s Coming“.
- The Mind Unleashed reposted the excellent VICE documentary about Fukushima, worth seeing if you haven’t yet.
- Collective Evolution ran a piece, “Consciousness, Psychedelics, & Reality: Graham Hancock’s Discourse Against Materialist Science & Monotheism”, which might be of interest to some readers of my blog.
And as far as climates, temperatures and current snow cover goes (see my METEO page for data), all looks to be well within the range of late Holocene natural variability:
- Wikipedia started a page, “November 2014 North American cold wave“, and, at least for now, its main image (a screenshot of the low temps map from NOAA) was plucked off a blogpost from last week, the one in which I shared about my “Sleeping in a Deepfreezer“. Ha!
Cheers. Stay warm, everyone.
Signing off for awhile again. Peace out.