Herent, België — May 17, 2014 — For a variety of reasons, I decided to drop what I was doing and headed to Belgium, where I grew up and where most of my family lives. A small selection of photos from the journey from Salt Lake City, Utah, USA (SLC) to Brussels, Belgium (BRU):
Somewhere in the above area are some amazing places and inhabitants:
Zoom in on Farmington with ‘Lagoon’ exit and its brand-new nearby mall (left):
For those who dont know where Belgium is, this lovely satellite view has Belgium marked on it. It’s currently 20 degrees Celcius (68 Fahrenheit). Just lovely.
Other blogposts about Belgium have been:
- Radiation monitoring network: Belgium vs. USA (2011)
- To check gamma radiation levels in Belgium (in Dutch or French).
- For other countries in Europe and elsewhere, see my Online Radiation Monitors overview.
- Skies over Belgium (2012)
And this series from September 2012:
- Belgium – (1) – Photo highlights of my visit: Arrival Aerials and Skies
- Belgium – (2) – Photo highlights of my visit: Center Louvain & Brussels
- Flanders, Belgium – (3) – Distance: in Kilometer, Language and Fuel Price
- !–> Belgium – (4) – Surrealist Influences at the René Magritte Museum in Brussels:
- !–> Belgium – (5) – Surrealist-Realist Influences at the Paul Delvaux Museum in St-Idesbald on the Belgian North Sea Coast
- !–> Belgium – (6) – A Couple Art Galleries in Knokke…
- Belgium – (7) – Nature Preserve ‘De Maten’ near Genk, with Artist Guides
- !–> Belgium – (8) – The Restored ‘Atomium’ of Expo 1958
- Belgium – (9) – Street Art and Slogans on Walls in Leuven
- !–> Belgium – (10) – Chinese Pavilion and Japanese Tower (Brussels)