!–> For latest Boulder Fire info, click through any of the links HERE, or check these:
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/search/%23FlagstaffFire
- Boulder Emergencies: http://boulderoem.com/emergency-status
It rained super hard in North Boulder. Very nice.
Fire danger remains extreme, though. In this heat moisture doesn’t last very long.
Many dozens of lightning strikes struck around the Flatirons near the Flagstaff fire (just west of South Boulder), some causing lots of smoke. Above (between the first and second flatiron if seen perpendicularly) a tree caught fire, and that fire reportedly is brought under control by both a ground crew, and with helicopter support.
OEM 4:40 pm: “There is a small fire burning on Green Mountain above the first and second Flatirons. Crews are fighting the fire from the air and a ground crew is hiking into the area.”
- I took this photo on way to groceries, and then annotated it at home:
- That small fire immediately got its own Twitter stream name: #IroningBoardFire
- Acording to OEM on the Twitter stream, containment of the Flagstaff Fire is expected this Saturday.
- !–> Today’s topo map with detailed fire perimeter and other details: http://www.bouldercounty.org/apps/newsroom/articlefiles/3186-FlagstaffFire_06-28.pdf
[last updated 7.56 pm Th. 6/28/2012]