June 16, 2012 – I Added a couple updates and informative links to my blogpost “High Park Fire’s distance to Shambhala Mountain Center (map). – Updated with extra links”.
Quick Links for Latest:
- For latest official Fire information: InciWeb: http://www.inciweb.org/incident/2904
- Denver Post High Park Blog with news updates: http://blogs.denverpost.com/weather/2012/06/09/high-park-fire-larimer-county-live-updates/1001/
- Regional TV Channel 9 Wildfire Resource Center may have more, too: http://topics.9news.com/wildfires
- Larimer County Sheriff: Check its ‘Breaking News‘ link: http://larimersheriff.org/
The Denver Post Wildfire Resource center (among those “Quick Links”) has a high definition topo map with the fire boundary in detail. This one’s from yesterday, with a couple location names added or highlighted by me, and with the 3 mile scale copy-pasted from the bottom of the map.
- MAP DETAIL with annotations and scale:
- SOURCE: The full map is here: http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2012/0615/20120615_122757_highpark_0614_2320.pdf